Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 2: Workout 1

Oh my do I feel like jello! Upper back is sore, triceps, hamstrings, my abs, shoulders. Yesterday I completed Jillian's Cardio one. In addition to that, I added 30 minutes of tae-bo and did a bunch of ab workouts and arms curls. I have one of those "ab-wheely" things you roll out on to work out your core. And boy do I feel it today! Yesterday I was a little grumpy. So it really helped transferring all that negative energy out on exercising and pushing myself. Choir rehearsals really helped my mood as well. I am part of a semi-professional Alternative Choral group. There is about 50 of us. We are not associated with any church; we sing Radio Head, Damian Rice, Evanescence, Annie Lenox, Sting. Singing "Blower's Daughter" by Damien Rice with an ensemble of 50...brings tears to my eyes. Last night was all about recording. Our director is getting our season lined up for shows and it looks like we are adding Palm Springs and LA to the mix! The last time I was in Choir was about 15 years ago. Although I love to rock out on stage; there is something about the beauty of the collaboration of voices. We have some AMAZING singers in our group. So good that I feel somewhat intimidated. But Choir gives me the chance to read music again as its been years. It helps with the "technicality" of singing...so to speak. Singing balances me out. It's my therapy. Anyways today I completed Workout one. In addition to that, I also completed thirty minutes of Tae-bo! Hey man, I got the time before I start my new job. I hate sitting on my ass all day. And since I made the commitment to do two workouts each day this week, well I am off to a great start! In spite of those DAMN bicycle crunches, workout one is becoming routine for me. I still work up a crazy sweat, but my endurance is totally there. I am excited for the end of this program and what my endurance is going to look like then! I've also decided to wait until next Monday to weigh myself. I don't want to get into the habit of checking the scale all the time. I'll provide an update regarding this next week. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment